The facility first built in 1959 by Mobil. Significant upgrades of the infrastructure occurred in 1989 and 1994 which included the construction of the two major tanks with a combined capacity of 17 Million litres and the replacement of all product pipework.

The owners of the terminal signaled their intention to close down the facility and in 2003/04 CGLtd became involved in the importation of fuel and the operation and management of the terminal and purchased the facility in 2004.

In 2006 CGLtd upgraded all the bunding within the terminal and a number of additional improvements have been completed including the establishment of a retail diesel bowser.